Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
RED CAMERA:Red Camera ForumRed Camera Tutorials / ArticlesHD TutorialsHD High-End Forum

Re: Red Camera Workflow for Thesis Project!

COW Forums : RED Camera

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob ZelinRe: Red Camera Workflow for Thesis Project!
by on Sep 17, 2007 at 10:06:27 pm

Donatello -
I don't know who you are, but I cannot think of anything positive to say about you at this moment. Everyone on this list is VERY interested in RED. Everyone on this list can AFFORD to buy a RED camera package, and many already have other hi end HD cameras. I can assure you that I read Reduser.net EVERY DAY to see updates and progress, and I can assure you that I will ABSOLUTELY be building editing systems that support 4K workflow, which include RED footage.

If you think that the RED camera is ready for a bunch of students to start shooting with, then you are a fool. This is a new product, with uncertain workflow - and workflow that is difficult at best. Think, Donatello, about "simple" 23.98 footage from an conventional HD camera - you just don't pop the tape into your VTR, and deliver your project. There is a WORKFLOW - frame rate conversion, possible cross conversion, downconversion for delivery. LOTS OF STUFF. Now, add RED raw data 4K footage, with AVID and FCP products not designed for this application. You think this is for a student - THIS IS WORKFLOW THAT IS CONFUSING TO EVERYONE ON THIS LIST. The steps are NOT LAYED OUT on reduser.net. They are certainly not layed out by you, on it's EXACT USE.

Creative Cow is a great forum, as it is not based on a company and their own public relations. It is an independent forum for all kinds of products, and when there are issues, this is where people come to figure out how to "do it".

I DO NOT SEE ANYONE on reduser.net asking the simple questions like "I have my FCP system with my AJA Kona 3 card - how do I get my footage into this thing - do i have to render the 4K files first with one of the RED utilities ? ".

Lucas Wilson at Assimilate Scratch has posted a sample workflow, but it is not detailed, and NO ONE HAS ASKED QUESTIONS !!!!!! Why is that Donatello ? I want EXACT DETAILS, and I dont' see them on reduser.net. BUT I bet we will see them on THIS FORUM.

Long live Creative Cow.

Bob Zelin

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]