Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Media Manager and Nested veg Issues resolved In VP11

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim PrisbyMedia Manager and Nested veg Issues resolved In VP11
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 3:12:51 am

I had two major issues with Sony Vegas Pro 11 that were giving me fits.

I installed Vegas 11 while leaving Vegas 10 installed on my system because I had read about the Vegas 11 problems in this forum. In Vegas 11 whenever I dragged a nested veg file to my timeline and tried to edit it, it would always open in Vegas 10. If I renamed the Vegas 10.exe file it would give me an error message. I finally unistalled Vegas 10 and Vegas 11 and reinstalled Vegas 11 hoping that would fix it, it didn't. I still got the error message. I then went into the Windows 7 registry with regedit and removed all references to Vegas 10 or changed the value to Vegas 11 if vegas 10 was the only value identified...that fixed it! The nested files now open for editing in Vegas 11.

The other issue was that Media Manager would open up with a blank window. I have a large amount of my media sound and graphics library listed there so I can preview them and simply drag them to the timeline when needed. That's why it's important that I have access to it. If I opened Vegas 11 in the reset mode it was there but not otherwise. Reading about suggestions on how to reduce crashes on this forum I had set my Vegas 11 icon to Windows 7 compatibility mode. I just discovered that unchecking that compatibility mode allowed the Media Manager files to be viewable in Vegas 11 without using the reset. What a relief to find this out!!! Now, I may find I have more crashes and and have to reset the mode back to Windows 7 compatibilty but at least I have that choice to work with until Vegas 11 is updated to be a stable NLE again.

I just wanted to share these things so others might benefit from these fixes.

Jim

Intel 2.67GHz Core2 Quad CPU.
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GForce GTX 570 superclocked
Windows 7 64bit

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter