Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Re: Song Vegas Video Capture MPEG quality setting

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

jim cornetetRe: Song Vegas Video Capture MPEG quality setting
by on May 14, 2012 at 5:37:13 pm

after further research I come to find out that this setting is for analog video capture. since I'm using IEEE1394 Firefire, the firewire capture "supposedly" captures the video off my miniDV tapes bit-for-bit.

as to the question of why shouldnt I be happy with the middle-ground Sony Engineers have set up....

I can understand wanting to back down some settings in order to render a project quickly so you can see the project for errors. But I dont understanding why settings arent max'ed out.

As a fictional example: How would you feel after 12mos of driving your car you could have got 32mpg instead of the 24mpg you have been getting if only you changed a setting on your dashboard? from some setting from "average fuel economy" to "high fuel economy". I trust my car's mfgr has already max'ed out my fuel economy.

To me it only makes perfect sense to have the settings max'ed with the ability to choose lower if needed.

I think it would be good practice for Sony to have ALL their hidden and obsure settings max'ed out in case someone didnt have the knowledge to know the difference. i'm a vegas user since vegas4.0 and i was two years into video editing before I even knew there was a difference between the render set at Draft vs Preview vs Good vs Best. I felt bad for all my customers who i rendered projects at the default "draft" render quality that Sony made by default. I was embarrassed I didnt know to max it out at "Best" render for best video quality. Here all along I thought I was providing teh best video..

Well, every one will have a differing opinion on this matter. I'm jsut glad to know that you CANT trust default settings that you must look at every settings to make sure to max it out right before that last and final render....if you want the "best"

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]