Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

XDCam EX

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris JeremyXDCam EX
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 3:17:22 am

My NLE of choice is Sony Vegas Pro 9.0e, so when a potential client asked if I could edit some material shot on a Sony HDCAM EX3, I said yes. Unfortunately only the second (smaller) of the two files of the spanned clip would import into Vegas or even Sony XDCAM EX ClipBrowser 2.6 (and even MediaInfo came up with nothing), so I told the potential client that one of his files must be corrupt and passed on the job.

I was subsequently surprised to find that the whole spanned clip imported quite happily into Final Cut Pro using PDZKP1 XDCAM Transfer on a Mac.

So why does Sony's own NLE and browser software on a PC reject what can be seemingly effortlessly imported into the opposition's software on a Mac?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • XDCam EX by Chris Jeremy on Apr 22, 2012 at 3:17:22 am

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]