Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Sony Vegas FX Out of Sync + Other Crashing Problems

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

dylan ragaSony Vegas FX Out of Sync + Other Crashing Problems
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 6:33:06 am

I do not know what happened but I'm editing a video of games I recorded with the MJPEG PICVIDEO codec 32bit. I do not have the 64bit license so whenever I import the videos into 64bit Sony Vegas it cannot recognize it because I do not have the correct codec for it, and it's a unique one and only works with the specific codec if you have the license.

One night I did a lot of editing and called it a day and left my computer on but the monitor off. I wake up, turn my monitor on, open Sony Vegas and open my project file. All the thumbnails of the stuff are now blank and take a long time for them to appear, starting from the left side moving its way to the right. BY COMPLETELY RANDOM CHANCE, sometimes it crashes, sometimes it doesn't. I've only had it start working once after what happened. I reinstalled Vegas and the Codec over ten times, no effect.

So I thought it might be the thumbnail problem. I disable the display of them in Sony Vegas's options, and hooray! It worked. No more crashing. But now, it's extremely and excruciatingly slow when previewing any clips with effects and any video using the PICVIDEO codec.

And the worst part... I played the whole thing through Sony Vegas to check if everything is still fine and dandy and I could just skip to rendering... But what in the hell, all my Video FX are out of sync and a lot shorter-lasting, and I believe some keypoints are missing. What the hell. I did not touch anything at all, and it's starting to really piss me off of how nearly a month's work of 27 minutes has gone to nothing.

Please help.

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Sony Vegas FX Out of Sync + Other Crashing Problems by dylan raga on Apr 21, 2012 at 6:33:06 am

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]