Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Copied AVCHD videos to hard drive with Panasonics' HD wrtier AE software

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom YeiserCopied AVCHD videos to hard drive with Panasonics' HD wrtier AE software
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 1:07:19 am

I made a mistake last week and wonder if anyone knows how to get around it?

I had several 60 minute video recordings on my Panasonic TM700 AVCHD camera. I decided to save these to client folders on an external harddrive using Panasonics ‘HD writer AE’ software. HD writer copied the original MTS files into the client folders as 3 m2ts files and a container file (cont).

Had I used the ‘media explorer’ in Vegas (pro 11) to copy the files off the camera I would have a single file in the media bin and I would be editing. However I used ‘HD writer AE’ to copy the videos to my laptop and deleted the files from the cameras’ memory. Now when I use Vegas ‘Import Media’ I get three m2ts files in the bin without a container file and I don’t know how to edit them seamlessly. If I just put them on the timeline the video will line up but the audio does not.

I downloaded ‘MPEG Streamclip’ but did not get that to work (I may have been in too big a hurry). Is there a way to put these together again so Vegas will edit them seamlessly?

Thanks for your help.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]