Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Rotation point for parent track motion

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom KeaneRotation point for parent track motion
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 10:10:00 pm

Any help is appreciated. Using Vegas Pro 10.

My project is 720x480 and I bring in 2 photos (rectangular shapes with different pixel dimensions) and pan/crop and place them on separate tracks. At this point, the heights become the same (stretched to fill frame), and the widths are close enough.

Using 3D track motion for each track and a parent track, I am able to position the photos at right angles to each other (like a front and left side of a cube). My objective is to use the parent track to simply rotate this 2 sided "cube" so that the left side comes into view and replaces the front photo which moves out of view to the right side during the rotation. Nothing complicated, but a nice effect.

My difficulty is how to figure and set the rotation axis point so that the left side moves into the same exact position that the front photo occupied. I can get the photos to rotate, but the hinge point (axis) for the "cube" is way off. I can't seem to figure the photo dimensions after pan crop w/stretch to try to compute where the center should be.

Maybe I'm just too close to it. Hope I explained this well enough. Thanks for any help.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]