Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Vegas 11 closed captions for HD broadcast

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Larry BrewerVegas 11 closed captions for HD broadcast
by on Apr 3, 2012 at 11:37:18 pm

My goal was to import an scc file, embed into 30 min infomercial, and print to DVCPro HD tape. Considering it was my first adventure into this workflow situation I thought it went very smoothly.

The captions appeared as blue markers above the video on the timeline. I slid the markers group to achieve perfect sync, selected the entire clip, and printed to DVCPro HD using BlackMagic Decklink extreme HD, HD-SDI to a Panasonic AJ-HD1200 deck. Wasn't sure how to double check this tape for captions after recording was completed, but audio and video was there so I sent the tape in to the station for broadcast.

Guess what? No closed captions.

I CMA with a rendered .mov file of the same program and the station will use that instead of the tape. I'm sure the .mov file has closed captions because I imported it back into Vegas 11 and the captions showed up as markers within the video clip.

The station specs call for vanc 9 captions and that's about all I had to go on.

So........... Where did I go wrong with the DVCPro HD tape? Is this a vertical blanking issue?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]