Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

OT-Someone's asking for copies of videos I shot and edited

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Angelo MikeOT-Someone's asking for copies of videos I shot and edited
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 4:31:06 am

A company I worked with a few months ago for whomI shot a charity event is asking for digital copies of videos I did. They planned the event, a charity auction, as far as I can tell. I did the job for free, the charity is using the videos to get sponsors, and the only benefit I've gotten is a few hundred views on Youtube. I haven't gotten any jobs with these groups, who are using the videos to promote their organizations, so think I should ask for a fee for the three videos, such as $100.

I realize they could download the videos regardless if they did some searching on how to do so, though it would be without my permission. I've never spoken to this person before or had any agreement who is asking for my videos, though I did work with his/her client, who was the event planner. I never had any agreement with them before about pay or non-pay. Would it be bad form to ask for payment now for this (I would do some slight recutting of the videos as well)?

http://www.scenethroughglass.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]