Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Re: New Sony Vegas Pro 11 Update Available

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt CarlsonRe: New Sony Vegas Pro 11 Update Available
by on Jan 19, 2012 at 3:00:02 am

Just because you are a born skeptic does not mean you are wrong. In this case they are releasing build 521 (I would guess) to point and say "look we are fixing things." That they are fixing things that no one really cares about is problematic. Here is a list of crashes that still happen to me in 521...

1) Newblue Titler... even with the latest release from Newblue it still kills Vegas from time to time. The Titler Pro interface within Vegas is very slow in responding to interface button clicks. It does not like 32 bit color... speaking of which.

2) 32 bit color is still extremely unstable (a crash nearly every fifteen minutes or so)

I am finding being in 32 bit color crashes color plugins more often than 8 bit, especially Color Corrector and Secondary (the most used plugins I would guess.) My experience has this happening much more if scopes are active.
Any stretched event brought in to a fade/transition has a high probability of screwing up (in my case everything turns blue.)

When I saw 521 had been released I was optimistic that after having all this time knowing about the major problems some of them would be addressed. Having worked on programming projects I am left with the feeling that the knowledgeable programmers have left the building and the updates are being pushed out by individuals too afraid to touch the kernel architecture or they are explicitly told not to.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]