Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Vegas Pro 11 loading long files over 5GB

COW Forums : Corel Design/Video Tools

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom OwenVegas Pro 11 loading long files over 5GB
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 9:18:58 pm

I use a Panasonic HMC 150. Because it formats the SD cards in FAT 32, there is a 4GB limit on the length of the file. That works out to about 15 minutes.
When I shoot a long-form show (30-60 min or more) and load the file chunks to the timeline. I get audio dropout and sometimes black frames at the transition point. I have not found any function in Vegas that will cure that problem.
I have found a program call tsMuxer that will stitch all of the file chunks together using a binary copy technique. On drives formatted to NTFS it will create one long file. I suspect the practical limit is around 20GB, but the shorter ones work fine.
One problem. Vegas appears to load from the media bin without a problem, but it only puts 1:30 of the clip on the time line.
I did find that Corel Video Studio 4 will happily accept the file at any length and play it back flawlessly. As will Premiere Elements, although it takes a long time to digest it.
Does anyone have a solution? And buying a $1600+ program is not the answer!
Tom Owen

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]