Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Re: I've discovered virtually all my problems with Vegas 10 and 11. It's Cineform avi

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave HaynieRe: I've discovered virtually all my problems with Vegas 10 and 11. It's Cineform avi
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 6:38:45 am

[Dan Volker] "And then, the hope that there is an encoding solution for a web based format, that takes better advantage of the perfection you can achieve with a 4-4-4 cineform avi or mov. On this topic, I just downloaded the trial of Sorenson Squeeze 8, and was quite impressed with the x264 encode options--Squeeze 7 has only the bare minimum of encoding options you can set for the H264 encode"

Just curious... if you're intent on using x264 (the increasingly famous open source h.264 encoder -- incidently, the same one used for YouTube encoding), what the point of Sorenson? Just like a fancy front-end? I'll admit I paid something like $50 for a TMPGenc MasteringWorks upgrade, to get x264 encoding along with a pretty nice batch encoding system for most Windows media types. But Sorenson is pretty expensive, if you're mainly after something that's otherwise free (you can use x264 for anything you're already licensed on H.264 for, if you're concerned about the legalities). Maybe the upgrade price is decent?

-Dave

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]