Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Re: How do I turn on GPU accelerated video processing?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave HaynieRe: How do I turn on GPU accelerated video processing?
by on Oct 27, 2011 at 7:24:01 pm

Everyone knows a new release risks bugs... it's the nature of the beast. This is why businesses typically don't update Windows until the SP1 level (if that).

And yeah, some of us take the risk. I KNEW I was taking a risk using Vegas 11 for my video completed yesterday, and I was nearly burned by it. Software is a complex things, and it's not as if Sony rushed this out or anything, just that certain bugs aren't always caught during the testing process.

The reason I've trusted Sony/Sonic Foundry all these years is because they do superior job of finding problems before a release, and a great job of fixing the product after the release. I've dealt with a number of companies who release a product too buggy to be useful, and then they're off working on the next major release, no bugs to be fixed. You don't always hear about them years later -- this isn't the kind of thing you can get away with for long.

As for Vegas, I found the "10" releases each an improvement.. 10e was to the point where I really didn't see bugs in general use. It may depend on what you do... Vegas 10-10d was always a failure with Cineform, and that was a big part of my workflow (and may yet be again, if they've really fixed it, but I've been using MXF instead recently).

-Dave

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]