Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Re: Preview playback video is freezing but audio continues?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stephen MannRe: Preview playback video is freezing but audio continues?
by on Oct 15, 2011 at 2:51:21 pm

The Raptor is a pretty good drive - I have a few of them here, so unless it's almost full or very fragged, it shouldn't be the problem.

Your RAM preview depends on how much you use CTRL-B (or a looping section) to preview segments of your work. Some people set it to zero to give Vegas all the RAM it needs.

If your CPU is at or near 100%, then your processor is not fast enough.
If you are using most of your RAM for the process, I wouldn't panic, but you have little reserve.

It doesn't really matter much what you have installed, what are you running? Even if Vegas is the only application running, you still have dozens of processes running.

One of the biggest performance killers is to have your video assets on the same physical drive as the O/S and Vegas programs. (I.E. drive C:).

Firefox is also a huge resource hog. Mostly RAM and GDI objects. (Don't worry about GDI objects unless you are putting thousands of still-images on the timeline).

Hope this helps.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy