Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Second Windows Monitor - glitchy

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve RobertsSecond Windows Monitor - glitchy
by on Sep 4, 2011 at 11:37:34 pm

Hi all,

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 64bit which runs nicely BUT when using my second monitor (VGA) as a vegas (10e - 64 bit) preview it glitches the video and audio but another BUT that when I view the same segment of video in the small video preview window it is perfectly smooth. It's only when I hit the "Video Preview on External Monitor" that the video and audio glitch.

The project is a 720P PAL project. The project itself is just 10 AVI (Lagarith codec) files - no effects etc. Changing down from Best (Full) to Preview (Half) solves this but it doesn't make sense. It should be the same in either the small video preview window or the External Monitor.

I've tried other video CODEC encoded files and they react the same way. So I've ruled out the codec.

I've tried toggling all the options within the video preview window without any noticable solution.

My only thought is that the video drivers could be buggy. I'm using a Nvidia 8400 GS which is only a basic 256M card which should be fine for video editing.

My new audio box is a RME Fireface 400 which have had problems with much earlier versions of Vegas.

Any leads greatly appreciated.

Steve R.

Amongst Projects
--------- Sound, Visual and Electronic Content
projects.amongstmyselves.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter