Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Re: "Merge clips" in Sony Vegas

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Guðmundur ErlingssonRe: "Merge clips" in Sony Vegas
by on Jun 25, 2011 at 8:38:45 am

Thank you for the answer, Steve. No, it's not really a question of me looking pro as it's not something I need to do, it's just that I'd like to be able to give my friend an answer to this (and possibly get him to use Vegas) :). I can't really explain it better than it is explained in the youtube video, as I'm not really knowledgeable about FCP at all. As I understand it, he needs to prepare all the shots from a days shooting and sync all relevant audio (from the camera, boom mike, etc) to the relevant video clip, and when he closes the file the info is still there, so when the editor eventually starts to edit the movie he can just start editing and doesn't have to start with syncing audio. So, a time saver basically, but it seemed an important selling point to my friend. (And I used "clips" because the feature is called "Merge Clips" in FCP, so didn't have a better word for, english not being my first language an all that.) Hope that clears it a bit, but I'm basically trying to explain something I've never used myself in a language I don't use every day...

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]