Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Best .mov Compression for high quality but not HUGE file size?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Hannah JacobsBest .mov Compression for high quality but not HUGE file size?
by on May 30, 2009 at 9:07:57 pm

I purchased a lower 3rd graphic in .mov format that's 18mb. (It needs to be chroma keyed to use.) I made a simple edit to it in Vegas Pro 8 (to make it longer before the animation closes the lower 3rd at the end of the clip) and I'm trying to re-save it.

Uncompressed, the .mov 8-second clip w/no audio is 370mb.
Compressed, the largest file size I've gotten is 3mb and there are compressed artifacts that look bad when chroma keyed.

There's got to be a happy medium. How can I save this file to good quality (no artifacts) and keep the file size under, say, 50mb?

It doesn't have to be .mov, I just need to be able to chroma key it in the video.

Side note: There's got to be more leeway on compression/filesize using .mov, but I tried several variables which didn't change much.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]