Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Re: DVD Ripping and Editing

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Terje A. BergesenRe: DVD Ripping and Editing
by on Dec 3, 2007 at 4:13:30 am

Geez this is still going on, well anyways like i said before i was going to share it w/ my parents in my HOME

To me, this is not the point of contention. The point is that you intend to change the movie, without the consent of the movie owner, before you show it to your parents. You didn't buy the rights to do that. You bought the rights to watching it with your parents, and telling them to shut their eyes when things that they don't want to see come on.

But let's say if they release a movie and it has a R rating in the theatres , when it comes out to video why not release a Uncut/Unrated/Director's Cut/R/PG-13 and maybe even a PG vers of the movie

They very often do, but if they do not that is their prerogative, and, since you are not the movie owner, and you have not paid for the right to alter the movie, you can not do this. Note that TV stations and airlines buy down-rated movies or they alter them them selves to a lower rating, but they pay a lot of money for the right. You haven't paid for that right. If you want to show your parents the PG13 version of the movie, record it to your DVR next time it shows on some TV station. Then you are fine. They have edited it for you and paid for the right to do so.

if that means sacrificing some nudity,blood splatters, limbs and heads being chopped off, without ruining the movie, I'd do it.

And that would be your choice. If I feel that my work would be sullied by such an edit, then it is my choice to not release such a version, and you, as a viewer, have no right to challenge my decision. It is my movie to change, you can watch it or not, those are the only options you have.

They're alot of companies that edit movies out there and are still in business and making alot of money doing it, but personally I'd rather see that money go to the ppl that made the movie...

Not sure what you are saying here. The only people with the right to alter a movie, and make money doing so, are the owners (maker) of the movie or people they have given permission (usually for a fee) to do so.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]