Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Re: Convert WMV-HD to SD-DVD?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

cowcow
Bob RidgeRe: Convert WMV-HD to SD-DVD?
by on Apr 23, 2007 at 6:31:16 am

I've heard a lot of good things about Connect HD. However, I've already sprung for a new PC with Core 2 Duo and Vegas 7.0, which so far seems to move through m2t files on the timeline as smoothly as AVI files. So shouldn't I already be able to render out decent-looking standard DVD video? I mean, surely, Connect HD users can't be the ONLY ones getting good quality, right?

Here's a little more detail about what I've tried. I put 10 seconds of an exterior building shot in m2t format on the timeline. (It has lots of bold, straight edges, and I tilt up and down several times to get the right movement.) I have Project Properties set to HDV 1080-60i. Then I click Render As, choose the MPEG2 DVD Arch NTSC Wide format, even going into Custom to select Best quality. Am I missing anything so far?

Then I open DVD Arch, start a New project, choose Single Video, keep the NTSC DVD default (also tried NTSC DVD Wide - same result), load the MPEG file and Make DVD. The resulting DVD shows very jagged lines throughout the movements, far worse than anything shot in DV. Going back to Vegas, I've reduced interlace flicker, changed field orders, rendered to WMV instead of MPEG, rendered in Good quality, done just about everything. Interestingly, only when I reduce flicker, or render to WMV, do those files play perfectly in Windows Media Player and preview just as well in DVD Arch. But once they're burned to DVD, they're just as jagged as the other variations.

I'll give Connect HD a try since it's a free trial anyway. But I'm hard pressed to believe that a nice video can't be had without it. (I mean, this is Sony freaking Vegas!) Plus, isn't the m2t file encoded in a Cineform codec anyway? Has no one here ever produced a smooth SD-DVD without Connect HD??? I just want to make sure I'm not screwing up a simple step above, at the very least. Thanks in advance for your thoughts while I try Connect HD...

PS - Really not liking Vista so far. But I had all the same results above with or without it.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]