Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Re: Trimmer usage / editing workflow techniques... what's yours?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

michaeljmpsuRe: Trimmer usage / editing workflow techniques... what's yours?
by on Mar 27, 2007 at 4:51:13 pm

When I first started working on Vegas, I didn't even know the Trimmer existed, so I edited all of my clips in the timeline. This worked okay for me, but only because I didn't know what I was missing.

I worked on another project using Final Cut Pro, and I found their "Trimmer" was very useful. (You could take each clip and create an in & out point, while having some useful buttons to navigate through the clip before you put the clip on the timeline)

When I went back to Vegas I thought: there must be something like this -and- it would save me so much time. I found the Trimmer, but I didn't really like it. What I didn't like about it, was that the in & out points that you could create would often disappear any time I accidentally clicked in the Trimmer window. The in and out points weren't 'locked' very well, and I ended up spending more time re-setting my in & out points, than I should have. Also, there's no way to play from the in-point, or go to the first frame of the in-point/out-point. The trimmer history also is difficult to work with, and bringing back up a clip that I had already "trimmed" was difficult (and the in&out pnts weren't always still there). I really found it quite awkward and I don't use it much anymore.

To answer your question, I went back to editing clips in the timeline directly. I found it easier to use. (Dragging the clips to the cursor, pressing 'S', while still being able to go through it at any speed)

If my problems have no solutions (which they probably do; I'm just unaware of them), then I really think Sony needs to re-work the trimmer in Vegas. But please let me know if there's anything I'm missing in the trimmer.

Thanks,
Michael M.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]