Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Sony Vegas and AVID workflow question-

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bryan Michael BlockSony Vegas and AVID workflow question-
by on Feb 15, 2007 at 9:45:22 pm

Is there a way to see preview and edit windows like AVID or premiere? and I'd like to just turn the automatic track adding "off" if I can. What happens is sometimes I want to add clip and I drag it to the timeline in the track above my main edit track- but all I want is the video, sometimes there is an audio track that comes with it that I don't need- I think I can just choose to select the video only, but that's not the way I'm looking to do this- anyway, what happens is because I'm not putting this clip on the main video track, Vegas wants to create a new audio track for this clip's audio- even if I delete the auido bit of the clip, I end up with extra blank audio tracks that clutter my screen. I'd like to just tell Vegas- "hey I'm working with two video tracks and two stereo audio tracks here- snap ANYTHING I drag into the editing timeline into those tracks only!" Is there a setting that I can use to confine that?

I'm just wondering if it is POSSIBLE to turn off the feature where Vegas adds or not, I know Vegas has a million settings and some are even hidden! (hold down shift when you select options) which I think is kind of ridiculous- but knowing that there are lots of settings just leads me to wonder if I can turn that off or not and if I can get a true preview window in Vegas either. I'm on Vegas 5- I wondered if they had added that feature or at least made it an option in Vegas 7.

Thanks!
B

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]