Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Re: audio problem in vegas 6...help

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris YoungRe: audio problem in vegas 6...help
by on Dec 19, 2005 at 3:35:57 pm

A long shot here but was the drive you ripped the music with a DVD drive? If it was and it is a new PC just check the following. Go to 'my computer' and find the drive icon for the drive you ripped the music with. Right click on it and select 'properties'. On the properties dialogue look for the 'hardware' tab. Click on this tab and you should see a list of the drives on your HP Pavilion. You should see listed the drive you ripped with, select it. Now click on its 'properties' dialogue box, which is down towards the bottom of this window. This will now open another 'properties' window, on this should be yet another tab called, believe it not, 'properties'. The settings on this final properties window determine how Windows will use this drive for playing CD music. On this window you should find a check box with the description 'Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device'. If the check box doesn't have a tick in it click on it to select it. Now try ripping again and see how you go.

I am not saying this is the answer but I have seen similar problems occur with ripped audio when this checkbox has not been selected. Post back how you go. We may have to scratch our collective heads further if this doesn't work!

Chris Young
Sydney

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]