Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

HDV Monitoring for color correction, I'm confused.

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Greg nossHDV Monitoring for color correction, I'm confused.
by on Nov 26, 2005 at 11:16:28 am

I'm getting ready to move into HDV editing but I'm a little confused about what to use for a broadcast monitor for color correction and finishing.

I was thinking of using a Matrox Pharelia(sp.) with the dual head and component out for monitoring. Good Idea or Bad Idea?

I was reading a bunch of threads about color correction and there was alot of discussion about using a 13" TV (This appeared to be a bad idea) VS a broadcast monitor. I've noticed Black magic has the HDLink that says you can use an LCD as a monitor for editing HD. All of the broadcast monitors I found were usually 720 or lower. I read an article about a 23" LCD HD Broadcast monitor but it was only $16,000.00 a little out of my budget.

This is what I think my options are but I'd like some input:

13" broadcast monitor w/720 line res.
LCD or Plasma HDTV
HDLink w/ something like a Dell ultrasharp 24" widescreen LCD w/1920 X 1200

Thanks in advance

Greg Noss

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS