Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: EPISODE QUESTIONS re. Distributed Rendering

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jesse KorosiRe: EPISODE QUESTIONS re. Distributed Rendering
by on Jan 20, 2011 at 2:34:12 am

Hey guys,

I appreciate all of the feedback I have received so far. Thought I would throw an update on to here.

Turns out the Episode 6 Demo that you can download off of the Telestream website does not have the speed that Engine will possess. I requested a trial license for Engine 6 and received two so that I could test clustering as well. This was plugged into the demo I had downloaded and the program is now titled (at the top of the interface) Episode Engine. Versus before I had plugged in the serial it only said Episode.

I have since been running some tests and keep getting similar error messages when using split and stitch. The error message says:
A Parallel Split Failed

This always seems to happen on the local computer used to control the renders. The second computer used as a node seems to always render fine within this process.

Any ideas what this error message could be?

When I play around with the amount of splits the render can make it does make a difference as to how long the render will go on for without error. But regardless of the amount I type in, if I have Split n Stitch on, eventually during the render it gives me this error. If I turn Split and Stich off. The error goes away. But considering I am rendering 1 hour long files. It would be Ideal to have it turned on....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jesse Korosi

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]