Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

H.264 encoding best practices

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

ryan loetscherH.264 encoding best practices
by on Jul 23, 2010 at 6:47:17 pm

During my research I've developed a decent book knowledge of compression and encoding, but H.24 is such a settings beast of a codec I figured it might be good to have a best practices thread for those, like me, who don't great practical knowledge.

Specifically I'm compressing HD and SD footage for streaming quicktime movies and to play on a broadcast unit of which I have no specs for. I'm just running tons of quality tests. I got a really nice, playable quality, but noticed that every once in a while there are some digital artifacts or some playback quality issues... problem being that my files are an hour long at a time and I have 72 hours of programing, so its hard to watch every second... what are the best practices to strike a balance between quality and having confidence that I wont have digital glitches?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]