Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Video to > Stop Motion Animation Look

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Justin ProductionsVideo to > Stop Motion Animation Look
by on Nov 28, 2006 at 7:39:49 pm

Hey guys!

So yesterday, as I was eating breakfast, I saw an ad in my town's newspapers that invited adults to participate to an stop motion animation contest. So I went to their site and the rules were pretty simple; we had to do an image-per-image animation that lasted for 3 minutes (maximum). That made me remember the good old days when I spent 7 hours straight doing animations with my little GI Joes for only 2 minutes of animation.

So, after reading the instructions I said to myself: " Wouldn't be cool if I could just record a video in 30 fps, then bring it in AE and, with some Time Effects or by changing the frame p/s, I could "transform" this video as if it were made with a still camera (stop motion animation) "?

After several attempts, none of this worked so I decided I'd give it a go on COW. (Oh and by the way, yikesmikes, if you read this, could you send me an e-mail to my e-mail account please? - Thx.)

I wouldn't call this cheating because, after all, doesn't mean I'll use my camcorder and AE. Maybe I'll do it in the old school way. I was simply wondering if this was possible in AE and how to do it.. and, who knows, maybe your solutions will be helpful for the newcomers who searches in the COW's Archives, since I didn't found an answer in it :

Thx for your time guys!

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com
Adobe After Effects 6.5 Professional

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy