Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Use Keyframe as trigger

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lisa SchmölzerUse Keyframe as trigger
by on May 2, 2012 at 2:50:49 pm

Hi,

Does anybody know whether there is anyway to use a keyframe as a trigger for an animation in an expression?

What I'm talking about is, that you have a layer that's supposed to be doing a small repeating animation (i.e. pulsating / increasing and decreasing it's size) from time to time. The starting points of this animation are supposed to be triggered manually and than stop until the next trigger comes.

I was thinking about keyframing the animation once inside the object and then use a slider object that would be increased in value, every time I need the animation. The difficult thing is to link the two, because first of all the animation will have to start as soon as the value of the slider object increases and than stop until the value rises again.

I know that I could just copy and paste the keyframes but there has to be some way to solve this with an expression.
Does anybody have an idea how? Or do I need scripting to solve this problem (I do have some feeling for expressions but I have to admit that I'm quite a noob when it comes to scripting).

Thanks a lot in advanced,

Lisa

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]