Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Expression: Random letter generator and number generator

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ryan WetherallExpression: Random letter generator and number generator
by on Mar 4, 2012 at 9:20:12 pm

Hello,

I am creating a motion graphic that calls for a script that needs generate a single random letter a certain amount of times per second, I have not tried something like this with expressions so I'm not sure how to go about making it. Im guessing I will probably need a frequency of 5 letters generated a second or something close.

Similarly, I need an expression that can generate a random single digit number a certain amount of times per second as well. I have tried using the number plugin that comes with the software, but there is no way to restrict the random value generator to a single digit. I have also tried using the wiggler, setting the value to 5 and having it randomly generate numbers within 4 digits, but that causes me to get duplicate numbers next to each other sometimes which is not what I am looking for.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!
-Ryan

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]