Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

Re: A FINAL TOUCH SUCCESS STORY!!

COW Forums : Apple Color

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

JP OwensRe: A FINAL TOUCH SUCCESS STORY!!
by on Feb 6, 2007 at 9:33:48 pm

I export XML out to FT using Version 1 just like Silicon Color advises you to do... also, this is one other reason that FT doesn't support audio... imagine trying to keep sync with handles... etc...

I have successfully exported effects (cross dissolve... fades) on the V1 line as well... I was playing around with the pre-built tutorial projects that came with FCP -- loads of opportunites for colour correction in those! You know the ones, the skiing/surfing/shark dive/hockey game SD files. Seems to me that "standardized" baked projects are a great troubleshooting tool... if it works here... what's different with "your" project?

Interesting thing going on here at the mo'... re-correcting some scenes in current project -- I re-render back to the original folder so that Final Cut is still looking for that file in that location... usually doesn't challenge me to reconnect or flag missing media-- BUT... if there is a super, then it keeps the original render file, and shows me the previous colour under the graphic... pick it up, move it... plant it back where its supposed to be... red line appears.... re-render sequence... everybody happy. Oddly, I get much different behaviour if the render engine in FT thinks I've got Render for XML turned on... even if it isn't....

Yah, I know, it doesn't make any sense.

Joe

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]