Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

RED Scarlet: 2GB Color Looping Bug

COW Forums : Apple Color

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Zak StoltzRED Scarlet: 2GB Color Looping Bug
by on Jun 11, 2012 at 10:09:56 pm

I'm working with some RED Scarlet footage that I've exported from REDCINE-X Pro with a Quicktime wrapper to grade in Color. The problem is that all of the clips that are over a certain duration will play, play, play, and then freeze frame.

In my research, I've discovered that this is a fairly common problem in Color known as the "color looping bug" that occurs with R3D files that have been spanned because they go over the 2GB limit. In the past people have fixed this with the Colorfixer app developed by the same people who did Clipfinder. I tried it. It just took all my media offline and didn't work at all. I think this is because I'm working with Scarlet footage.

I have all the most recent everything installed for RED and FCS3 compatibility. Anyone have any experience with this and/or know how I can make these longer files work?

Thanks!

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • RED Scarlet: 2GB Color Looping Bug by Zak Stoltz on Jun 11, 2012 at 10:09:56 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]