Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

External LCD causing preview display error

COW Forums : Apple Color

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Kyle CoxExternal LCD causing preview display error
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 9:14:13 am

Hey guys...been working on a project imported from FCP all day. Finally got home and decided to try and edit with my 46" LG flatscreen (1080p)...I changed color to Dual Display Mode, re-opened color and this is what I saw on the external monitor (46" flatscreen):

Note that the preview (top left) is dis-colored...mostly dark blue or green noise, stripes and bars, and no clear image.
Here is a shot of what that SAME FRAME looks like on my laptop if i DONT have my external monitor connected:

The problem seems to arise any time I have this particular external monitor connected. If I turn off Dual Display Mode, but still keep the external monitor even PLUGGED IN, it causes the same error in my Macbook preview dislplay, like so:

Again, same undiscernable mismatch of weird colors, rather than my actual project.

The temporary solution? UNPLUGGING my external monitor does the trick. But this sucks, because I want to be able to edit w/ my awesome TV!! Does anybody have any idea what I could be doing wrong or what I need to do?
I know that both my Macbook display and my external LCD flatscreen display are both running off the same graphics card, so that is not the problem.

Could it possibly have something to do with the connections to my external monitor? My guess is no, but here's a pic of my macbooks output to the external monitor, just in case:

Hope somebody can help! This short film is due to the festival by thursday morning...any and all advice is appreciated!

Sincerely,
Kyle C.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]