Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

Re: Hate to be an Alarmist, but...

COW Forums : Apple Color

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Graham JonesRe: Hate to be an Alarmist, but...
by on Jun 21, 2011 at 6:54:19 pm

Yup.

If you use Color (like me - with my Euphonix MC Color surface) you'll need to stay with Final Cut Studio/FCP7 workflows. No XML means no round tripping.

As far as insiders have indicated, Color is thoroughly discontinued, as is Soundtrack Pro and DVD Studio Pro. That said, Final Cut X in its current form is nowhere near viable for any TV or film workflows, and FCPX can co-exist on the same system with Final Cut Studio, so we should be able to continue to use our systems until they die.

Sadly, this means you can not purchase new licenses of Color -- so if you want to add any new Color seats you're out of luck.

All in all, a very bad news day for me -- between FCP7 and Color, that represents about 70% of my income, and I have substantial hardware, software, and training investments in software that is discontinued. I can only hope Apple listens to the pro market and brings back FCP7 import, XML, multicam, 3rd party hardware & codecs, dual monitor support, and tape input/output, among other things.

- Gray

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+2
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]