Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

Re: Anyone grade on a Panasonic Plasma 50VT25 ??

COW Forums : Apple Color

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robbie CarmanRe: Anyone grade on a Panasonic Plasma 50VT25 ??
by on Jan 17, 2011 at 5:53:23 am

Mike I can understand this. With the Panny's and a Davio in front its a great combo, however I do take issue with the phrase

[Mike Most] essentially every show you see on network television. And none of them use LCD's. "

Having graded almost 200 hours last year for Discovery, Nat Geo, PBS and others I'm not sure what you consider network TV.

I'll admit that I'm a FSI fanboy and but I also run a VT-25 with a Davio as a client monitor. My issue with the Panny's including the pro series (which is ironic since the consumer sets have a better panel minus the pro I/O) is that even with a inline LUT processor there is still a slight floating white point. Couple that with inability for those displays to load additional LUTs (sans processor) they're very good but not what I would consider a reference monitor.

With that said I do understand the shortcomings of LCD but its a give and take and its why I run both in my suite

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion

Twitter
Blog

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook