Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

Re: Reasonably priced monitor for colour correction

COW Forums : Apple Color

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon AstburyRe: Reasonably priced monitor for colour correction
by on Oct 29, 2010 at 5:01:12 pm

*applauds*
There are a few things left in post (and production) that unfortunately for many posters on CC cost a lot of money! A proper professional reference monitor is one of them. Many of the tools now, are a fraction of what they used to cost, Da Vinci for $1000! I would never have believed it even a year ago.

The difference with monitors and hardware in general is that it requires stuff like, rare earth minerals, research and development ,meticulous and expensive testing etc etc. Worst of all, a very small (in global terms) customer base.

Monitors are expensive, get used to it, if you can't afford one, hire one or go into a facility that has one.

That said, even monitors are far cheaper, in real terms, than they used to be. The FSIs are $4k ish (I think) and they claim to be grade1.

If you don't want to get the right kit then you have no right to charge a market rate for your work. Simple as that.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with the number of chancers and BS artists that seem to be multiplying at the moment, unfortunately the price point of many of the tools in post put them in the hands of people without the wit or experience to use them. Hopefully in time people will realise that owning a Da vinci license or FCP studio does not make you and editor/colourist/whatever....*rant off*

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]