Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

FSI 17" or HP Dreamcolor 24"

COW Forums : Apple Color

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

charlie seetohFSI 17" or HP Dreamcolor 24"
by on Jul 8, 2010 at 11:34:45 am

I'm planning to buy a monitor for Apple Color work and FCP.
I've narrowed it down to this 2 monitors based on my budget.
The FSI 17" at $2695 (excluding shipping to Asia) and the HP Dreamcolor 24" at $1999 plus $339 for the HP Advanced Profiling Solution.

There will not be an issue running the HP Dreamcolor as I'll be sending RGB progressive to the monitor thru HDMI. I work mainly with progressive material in REC709. I've both the Kona LHi and Blackmagic Multibridge.

Are both monitors comparable for broadcast color grading work? Does the size of the screen matters much for color grading. Am I compromising if I choose the Dreamcolor over the FSI?

I have seriously consider the FSI due to it's many good reviews and also the good after sales service of the company, like how you can send your monitor in for re-calibration etc. However I'm based in Asia and there's no way I can see myself doing so due to expensive shipping cost.

As for the Dreamcolor, I can buy it straight from the shop with a good 3 years warranty. I can say that support for the Dreamcolor will mostly be non existence as the HP staff are pretty clueless about this series of monitor in Asia. Anyway, I can always turn to the Cows :) If it's a hardware problem, the 3 year warranty will come in handy.

One last question, for those of you who are using the HP Advanced Profiling Solution for your Dreamcolor, does the software supports Snow Leopard?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]