Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

Re: Goodbye apple color hello davinci resolve for mac for $ 995

COW Forums : Apple Color

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Darin WooldridgeRe: Goodbye apple color hello davinci resolve for mac for $ 995
by on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:00:29 am

I have used the resolve for the past 5 years at Technicolor, working on well over 40 Hollywood feature films. I have found it to be a very powerful tool when used properly. Now that it has a new owner and more resources I'm really excited to watch as development progresses on the product. A huge bonus is I can now work at home developing looks and ideas that can be carried on my thumb drive to the big iron post house.

During this unstable economy, with the post house laying off more and more people every day I am very happy that my dual quad core mac and wave panels will now run the program I have used for years. My home theater just became a bit more useful. Don't get me wrong, apple color gets the job done. I just finished a feature shot on red in 4k, conformed in 2k, graded and off to hdcamsr 444, and it looks great. (its not film but looks good)

And yes the client will pay a little less per hour to put up with my kids and dogs. :)
If they want the giant screen, 5 producers, 3 schedulers, 6 project managers, 2 client service people and the star bucks treatment I can offer that as well. I will four wall a room at Tech with the standard $600 to$900 an hour rate. But I will have pre graded at home and still save the client some money, keeping them making product and making sure my family is feed.

I take great pride in working within the film makers budget without compromising the quality of the product. I keep the client happy they keep me happy. :)
The new resolve is going to make that easier for me.

My 2 cents.

Darin Wooldridge
Freelance Colorist
Technicolor Digital Intermediates
818-653-3918-cell
D.I.Colorist@me.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS