Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

Zoom & Crop to 1920x1080 from 4K - Color or AE?!

COW Forums : Apple Color

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sean KapletonZoom & Crop to 1920x1080 from 4K - Color or AE?!
by on Mar 23, 2010 at 3:25:09 pm

Hello friends,

SO i just got a call from a client who wants to use a specific clip from the 4k RED footage they shot and zoom into / crop to 1920x1080 only a certain portion of the picture (focusing mainly on that certain part of the frame) and create an uncompressed 10bit 1920x1080 quicktime from that 4K RED footage. Note: they also created an rsx look on set which when we first worked on the project was used during RedRushes transcode to make all the footage have that "look" on the 1920x0180 ProRes footage used in the edit.

I also need to make a 4k jpeg / tiff of the shot in question, as well as a 1920x1080 jpg/tiff of what the crop would look like and email to them.

I want to know the best workflow for these procedures whether it be using the geometry room in Color or importing a 4K ProRes RedRushes transcode into After Effects and doing the zoom & scale to 1920x1080 in AE.

any help would be greatly appreciated as they want to see stills asap for a vfx house that will be working with what we create.

thank you in advance

sean

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]