Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

Color 1.5 video output displays erratically

COW Forums : Apple Color

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Pearly LeungColor 1.5 video output displays erratically
by on Mar 4, 2010 at 9:22:01 pm

This is a very simple but frustrating problem:

I'm new to Color and just learning the basics of grading. I've been able to use the program without any issues for a few weeks now, but just in the last few days, my external monitor is no longer outputting video. I work in an edit house where lots of different people use the machines, so maybe it's a settings thing?

I'm working with Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) 720p media. The sequence displays properly out of FCP but once I import into Color, the screen goes black. We have a blackmagic box installed, so its not a firewire issue.

I've tried about every single video output option on the list to no avail.

The other strange thing is that the external monitor will output the image (erratically) when I'm in a secondary room and have a grade "enabled".

But most of the time, when I'm in a primary room, or in a secondary room with the grade "disabled" there is no video output on my external monitor.

Your advice would be so very much appreciated!

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Color 1.5 video output displays erratically by Pearly Leung on Mar 4, 2010 at 9:22:01 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]