Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

Re: Red 4k at 25fps

COW Forums : Apple Color

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ben ScottRe: Red 4k at 25fps
by on May 29, 2009 at 11:33:57 am

I have used Color with 25fps 4k and 2k using any of the QT proxy files reconformed (linked up) using clipfinder software

In color it references the r3d file properly, only issue is the geometry needs a little resetting to get it to display picture correctly e.g. choose your output resolution then check the image isnt scaling badly

we went out to 2k (16.9 frame size) prores HQ 25fps
and it worked fine (we didnt pay attention to the white paper when it said it is untested, its always untested if its PAL it seems until a few versions into the software with Apple)
this can then be downconverted through Kona 3 card or possibly compressor if need be

not completely sure of the scaling of footage in Color, it seems we ended up with some moire effects on some content (unsure if this was the debayer, the kona3 setup ... )

you cannot playback 2k files in PAL frame rates as far as I am aware using the kona card it is only NTSC frame rates, we monitored as HD signal through the kona output in color and FCP

- - - - - - - - -
Check my podcast at http://cowcast.creativecow.net/final_cut_pro/index.html
or my site at
http://www.benscottarts.co.uk/ - - - - - - - - -

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy