Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

Color / FCP keyframe export problem - XML based???

COW Forums : Apple Color

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Peter DanielColor / FCP keyframe export problem - XML based???
by on May 21, 2009 at 10:34:31 pm

hello.

i have a very weired problem while sending my graded files back to fcp from color.

i edited some small video (3 clips, 720p DVCPROHD, together about 3 mins long) with fcp (6.05) and sent it to color (1.04) - totally clean without any effects. now let's say i do some geometric manipulation to just one clip - the actor moves around a lot and i want to resize the frame a bit. while doing that i set let's say 4 keyframes. now i send the whole thing back to fcp and strangely... none of my keyframe settings are getting properly imorted. insted, they get somehow mashed up.

normally, all geometric manipulations should show up in the fcp motion tab after sending them from color. but fcp doesn't display any keyframe at all. instead it just sets a global setting for this perticular clip - without keyframes. now the weired thing is that this setting equals the one that was appearend at the position of my timeline cursor in color when sent it to fcp... ?!????????

i tried to export into a xml file and load that one from fcp - same thing. if i import the previously written xml file in color - same thing. i deleted the color preferences, tried different projects - same thing.

btw. when i imort the xml file to fcp it gives me a small error message say: uncritical error in line 4: unknown element: sourceprjecturl. but maybe that has just something to do with the fcp project file.

i'm totally confused now. what the heck could be the problem? global xml file corruption on my computer? ;)

sorry for this lengthy post, but i'm totally confused by this issue... tried to find a solution for about 12 hrs.

it would be so great if anyone would have an answer for this! thanks very much in advance for your help !!!

P

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]