Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Premiere/ Xena LS dragging

COW Forums : AJA Kona - PC

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

LowrySamPremiere/ Xena LS dragging
by on Nov 28, 2006 at 6:08:00 pm

FROM ANOTHER GROUP:

This is a problem that I have had for some time. So long that I can't remember where it started. It may be my capture card. It may be Premiere. I'm hoping someone is experiencing something similar.

An example: I have a 10 minute long corporate video containing 8bit, uncompressed, MOV footage captured through SDI on Xena LS.There are interviews with 7 or 8 people. There is a lot of B-roll. There are some still shots. Needless to say, there is a bunch of stuff put together to make a great piece.
My problem is in the startup time for the project. When I choose the project from the splash screen, it may take 1 1/2 to 2 min to load. OK. I can accept that...once. But then if I make any other window active (After Effects, Photoshop, Internet Explorer, Audition, anything) and come back to Premiere, there is another 2 min load time as it rechecks all of the assets in the project (I'm assuming that is what it is doing). This makes something like the "Edit Original" feature in Premiere very frustrating. Can you imagine working with a client in the edit suite, they ask you to change one little thing in a title that was created in AE or Photoshop, or maybe tweak some audio in Audition, then they have to wait 2 minutes for Premiere to get back up when you highlight it? It's embarrassing and honestly not good for future business.

I can't remember if this all started when I upgraded to 2.0 or added the AJA Xena capture card. Is this a problem for anyone else? Is there a way to turn this update feature off? I would like to see something like After Effects where you have to reload the asset manually to update. That would save a tremendous amount of time. If anyone knows a workaround, please tell me. It is affecting my business.

BTW: I do not get this problem when I capture simple DV through 1394.

Thanks,
Shawn Michael

HP xw9300 Workstation
2 dual core AMD Opteron 270 processors
AJA Xena LS capture card
80 GB system drive, 500 GB SATA Media drives RAID 0
Nvidia FX4500 Video
4GB RAM
Adobe Production Studio Premium with all updates

Lowrysam

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like