Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Exportting a WMV to a Network Drive

COW Forums : AJA Kona - PC

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

James OrlowskiExportting a WMV to a Network Drive
by on Apr 25, 2008 at 3:08:39 pm

I noticed something strange since the upgrade to CS3 and 3.1.1 drivers.

I'm unable to export a Windows Media File to a networked drive on our Windows network.

When I try, it gets to 98%, and a yellow bubble pops-up by the clock in the task bar with a Delayed Write Failed. (See link with screen shot). Link: http://rynopro.com/stuff/DelayError.jpg

I was ALWAYS able to export via the media encoder to a network drive with CS2 and 2.6 drivers. If I export a WMV to my LOCAL drive, it's fine. It's only any NETWORK drive where it gives me this error.

Anyone else encounter this? This is kind of a pain for our workflow, because we have "test" renders sent out to clients all the time, and I put these test renders in certain network-accessible folders on our network so the salesperson can send them out. Now, I have to render these files to my local machine, then copy them over to the proper network folder, whereas before, I just rendered to the proper folder. One less step, you know?

--
James Orlowski
RYNO Production, Inc.
http://www.rynoproduction.com
800-860-7966

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter