Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Why is NBC requesting Betacam format from me? I'm all digital.

COW Forums : Broadcasting

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd TerryRe: Why is NBC requesting Betacam format from me? I'm all digital.
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 4:54:18 am

[Ann Clark] "What are you getting at, Terry?"

Huh? I'm not "getting at" anything, or trying to stir the pot... just observing that maybe there are regional differences, since virtually all the broadcast and cable outlets that my company delivers to request (and prefer) commercial spots in HD. We're not huge nor everywhere... but do deliver regularly to a few dozen outlets in a few southeastern and midwestern states. Maybe on a national scale the preference for SD is at a higher ratio.

As for network spots, earlier it was noted that "national nets, the story is somewhat different, with both being accepted, but 4x3 still the norm." I was fortunate enough to have a semi-rare free evening tonight and there was a lot of TV watching in my household... ABC and NBC during primetime, and CBS late night... so I sort of kept a mental running tally of the national spots. I wouldn't go as far to say "virtually all" spots were HD, but pretty close. HD/16:9 spots outnumbered the SD/4:3 spots by about 7-to-1. The local breaks had more SD spots but were still predominantly HD... the local spots I counted were about 4-to-1 HD.

[Ann Clark] " Your HD ad should be designed so it can be center-cut"

Yeah, they always are, although sometimes when we do productions where our outside advertising agency clients provide graphics and art cards we have to gently educate them about that. For the rare outlet that requests SD 4x3, we usually give them a letterboxed version for that usage.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]