Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Shooting with a Panasonic AG-HVX200 DVC PRO for TV show

COW Forums : Broadcasting

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew RendellRe: Shooting with a Panasonic AG-HVX200 DVC PRO for TV show
by on Dec 24, 2011 at 10:58:07 am

It sounds like you have to deliver on tape, but it would be best to check what options are available.

As a freelance editor I don't own any decks as I haven't yet had a job that made owning one financially worthwhile, I take my completed files to a facility and play them out onto tape there. In order for that to work efficiently, my editing software is compatible with what they have (I therefore own Avid and FCP7).

Also, I've been supplying to one particular broadcaster who specifies tape delivery and I've come to the arrangement where I bring my drive with a file on it to their VT department and play it out to tape there (and they're very happy for me to drop my file onto their system to do so - I don't know whether they then use that file for anything else but they do appear to keep them).

I'd recommend sorting out your delivery arrangements before deciding which editing package to use. No doubt lots of people have their own preferences, but I have a feeling that if you arrange to finish with a file and do a playout to tape (if required) as a separate step, FCPX might work well for you.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]