Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Feb 2009 legal or not legal

COW Forums : Broadcasting

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie KingRe: Feb 2009 legal or not legal
by on Jul 9, 2008 at 6:20:48 pm

Bob,
You referred to the linear editing days as the stone age, does that mean since I started in B&W Live, I am pre stone age?
This thread brought up something that happened sometime in the 60's.
We had a tape turned down by one of the other TV stations stating it was not technically correct and would not playback on their machines.
My tape Operator told me to take a trip with him and we went to teh other station. He walked in sked if the tape loaded on their machine was running shortly, and was informed it didn't go for almost a half hour.
He took it down, purt up his "Ampex" test tape and set up their machine, put our tape on it played it back showed the guys it played good, took it down, set the machine back to where they had it set. Loaded their tape back up and turned to them and said don't ever send one of my tapes back saying it is no good.
As we were leaving they were going through their machine resetting it to proper standards.
No, some things never change. there is always gonna be someone that doesn;t wnat to accept your stuff. And yes BOB, if people will adhere to the standards for broadcast, they should have fewer problems.

Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Unmarked Door Productions
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter