Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

FX and plugins for simple voice over - advice please

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Peter DerekFX and plugins for simple voice over - advice please
by on Sep 8, 2012 at 3:49:20 pm

I use VEGAS 7 with no FX at all. Condenser mike + preamp to Win 64 PC and wav files are sent to a production house and they do all the mix and FX etc

I need to record for another client who has no studio.

Can anyone please guide as to what they feel are the "must haves" re FX, EQ, Compression etc to use for a simple voice over. I know it all depends on oh so many factors but do you always select a certain plug in, FX, etc I need to get that extra depth to the sound that the studio always achieves.

I used to work in TV studios as a camera engineer so the details on the pro sound desks and all the racks were known but never studied in detail. Now, with so much in Vegas to select I would welcome any pointers. I presume the days are gone when I need to buy hardware.
OR for a vo artist and home studio are their must haves I need to get and create some racks?
Many thanks

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]