Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Rendering Times?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joseph HillRendering Times?
by on May 9, 2012 at 12:27:00 pm

Hello all. I just got Vegas Pro 11 (64-bit) and it's my first time working with any version of Vegas, so I'm still pretty green, so I hope this isn't a stupid question.

I just rendered my first video last night, and considering all the settings, my systems specs, and the length of the video, I think the render time was much longer than it should have been; it took over and hour to render a 17-minute video. Granted it was in HD, but I would still have expected it to go a little quicker. Aside from basic cutting, the only editing I did was add a couple of very simple text overlays, so it doesn't seem like it should have been a very intensive rendering process. My project settings and system specs are listed below.

Any help would be much appreciated. I am really hoping this is just a case of my not tweaking the right setting or leaving a certain box unchecked. It would be awesome to be able to render more quickly. Oh, and I forgot to mention that my source footage is video game capture from FRAPS, and I am rendering this for upload to YouTube, if that helps.

Rendering settings:
AUDIO
Mode: CBR
Format: Windows Media Audio 9.2
Attributes: 64kbps, 48kHz, stereo (A/V) CBR.

VIDEO
Mode: CBR
Format: Windows Media Video 9
Image Size: High Definition (1280x720)
Frame Rate: 30
Video Smoothness: 100

BIT RATE
Internet/LAN: 5M

PROJECT
Video Rendering Quality: Best

System specs:
AMD Athlon II X3 455 3.3 GHz