Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Re: Sony Vegas 10.1 Blotchy Video after rendering.

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Thomas TurnerRe: Sony Vegas 10.1 Blotchy Video after rendering.
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 8:26:31 pm

[Stephen Crye] "Excellent, I predict you will enjoy DVDA!

I have great success using the built-in MainConcept setting for NTSC Widescreen. Produces DVDs that have pretty much as good resolution as commercially bought movies. However, because I shoot with a Sony HDR-CX550V ACVHD camera at either 1920x1080 or 1440x1080, my results will be better than yours due to the higher bit rates on my source video (17 Mbps or 24 Mpbs)

For a clip I shot yesterday at the HDFX 24 Mbps 1080 60i setting, Vegas reports this:

Streams
Video: 00:01:38.198, 29.970 fps interlaced, 1920x1080x12, AVC
Audio: 00:01:38.198, 48,000 Hz, Stereo, Dolby AC-3

Do you know the encoder, bit-rate and frame rate of your camera?

Regarding "jerky" - the CX550V has the best image stabilization of any consumer cam, even better than Sony's newer models. Although the CX550V is out of production, you can purchase essentially the equivalent camera in Sony's Pro line, the MC50U. It is essentially a gussied-up CX550V with a silly mic and a little hood. I saw one on Amazon the other day for $1200.00 . The Active Steady Shot on the cam is amazing - it is a poor man's SteadyCam."

Steve,
For 1280x 720 HD the bit rate is ~30-35 Mbps. I used both the the Sony AVC and MainConcept MPEG-2 compression modes with the Internet 1280x720p template and all seemed to workout fine. Windows Media Player 11 sucks for playing back these files, I can say that. It hiccups sometimes when playing back the file making it difficult to know if the render was good or not. I played back the files in VLC and all was good, except there was no audio which is because I didn't render the audio separately into a folder with the video feed.

I now want to forgo the dvd and distribute the video to my brother in law on a USB or something like that. That would require the format I encode with to be “”portable” if I’ve got my nomenclature down. Problem is, last time I rendered the video in avi format (1280x720p at 29.97fps) it came out with hiccups and blotchy video. So I may need to play with the different encoding options. Advice??

You’re using a video cam? What is your main subject matter? Landscapes, sports, people, animals, etc, etc. I shoot casually but have been increasingly used the video in my E-PL1 to see if I like shooting video. If so I’ll delve deeper, make an investment and maybe take a stab at wedding, boudoir, business, etc videos as a side business.

I’m working out the issues now doing free stuff so I can learn the software, equipment, do’s, don’ts and short-falls before I get any paid clients. One of the first free projects I hope to do is for my current employer. I want to make a video for them to put up on the website.

If I sold my Olympus E-PL1 now, I would possibly be able to add a couple hundred dollars to the pot and upgrade to a better camera (dSLR) with better video chops. What would you recommend?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]