Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Re: Three-point Editing

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rob StrobbeRe: Three-point Editing
by on Feb 16, 2009 at 4:53:29 am

"I just want to continue from last Out point when I hit play again (spacebar) to cue up next piece of narration. I found that even if I do Ctrl Q that it loops unless I hit play, then stop."

I think I know what's going on here. :)

Technically, it's not "looping." When I say loop, I mean this:

With a loop region selected and Looped Playback turned on, you start playback. Vegas gets to the end of the loop region of its own volition, and immediately returns to the beginning of the loop region to play it again. Rinse, lather, repeat until something intervenes.

What's happening in your case, I believe, is that you've started playback, gone as far as you needed, and hit the spacebar. Default behavior (if I recall correctly) is for Vegas to STOP playback and return to whatever position you started playback from. This happens regardless of where the loop region starts or whether there even is one or if Looped Playback is On or Off.

To remedy this, you can change the behavior of the spacebar so that instead of Stopping, it Pauses. Go to Options > Preferences > General tab and check the box next to "Make Spacebar and F12 Play / Pause instead of Play / Stop." It's around 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down.

Rob

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]