Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

How do I add text on top of existing video (transparent background)

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark SweigerHow do I add text on top of existing video (transparent background)
by on Jun 10, 2008 at 5:15:58 am

I am at my newbie wits end. I have been using both the media generator and the text generator to try and add text to sections of my video. For example, in the Media Generator, I select text, select the first checkerboard style sample text (Arial on a transparent background) drag it into the timeline on top of my video. When I play the area, the text appears, but it is on a black background obliterating my video despite my choice of the transparent background. There are two triangles at the top right and top left of the text frame. If I move either one of these to the far right or left I get a fade transition that shows my text fading in and out over the video. I don't want this either, I just want the background to be transparent and my text to appear on top of the video which continues in the background. I have spent hours reading documentation and trying to figure out how to get make the transparent background transparent, and I wondered if anyone can help me do so.

I have Vegas Pro, downloaded today for the 30 day free trial. If I can't get this simple thing to work, I can't use this software for my projects.

Thanks for any help,
Mark

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]